Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Its a sewing day...with rain

Today did not turn out as we planned...to fish on the Deerfield river in Mass. It rained all night and then rained all morning till about 1 pm...then drizzled on and off in the afternoon. We decided that it would not be a good fishing day. Sooo I got to sew for the morning..I am making a scrap quilt in red, black and white. Today was the first day that I had a chance to sew and it was fun. My Featherweight worked fantastic and I got quite a lot done. My machine was my present to myself when I turned 60. It was made in Nov of 1950 which is the same month I was born. We then had lunch with Timothy and Casey here at the camper after walking over to the farm and market where Casey works. She spent the morining in the stawberry fields and the afternoon on a tractor sowing vegetable sets. We spent the afternoon walking around Brattleboro and then had dinner at a funky little outside restaurant..Hill Top.
Tomorrow is to be beautiful so it is a fishing day!!
Lesson for the Day: Sewing quilts and sowing seed are both a great way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment