Saturday, June 23, 2012

What did I catch????

So what does this picture mean??? I was fishing Michael Jackson style with a blue glove. The story is shown in pictures below...We were fishing last night for the hex and I went out at 9:30 to my usual spot. The fish were rising all around me and I was very excited to get my Hex emerger fly in the water...so excited that I hooked the fly in the palm of my hand. I could not get it out and it really really hurt! So I called on my daughter in law Heather from the campfire to help.
Her friend and coworker Shawn, who is a physician, and Heather did some minor surgery at our kitchen table, in our waders and used my embroidery scissors to cut out the hook...it was too far in to back out and was caught on a tendon or nerve in my palm which is why it was so painful. A little shot of Port to fortify me and they persisted and got it out!!! Yea for Heather and Shawn. You can see that bad boy in my palm below. So after much antiseptic and a bandage I put on the blue glove to protect it from all the fish I was going to catch and was good to go.
We then went back to fishing...why not...but had mixed luck with the fish since there were not many hex flies out and about. The group last night pre fly in the hand was ready for a spinner drop that did not happen. Too much of cool down is the theory. But we had a great time with pie and port at the campfire afterwards. Never a dull moment at the Nolans Cabin.
Kathy and Mike

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! That must have hurt!!!

    Not much action here either. Travis Peitz caught a 17" up by the Klondike. I didn't see a rise. Travis was fishing an Iso.

    ReplyDelete