Monday, June 11, 2012

Mistakes will drive you crazy

 I have been working on Casey and Timothy's quilt this last week.  I have a design wall that I put up in the front bedroom to lay the quilt pieces out to "audition" the colors next to each other and to keep the rows in the right order.  The picture above shows that before I sewed each row together to make the hexagons.The picture below shows a mistake that I caught because I laid it out this way...I sewed them in the wrong order!!
 So I had to rip out several seams and resew them to make it right.  Sometimes mistakes don't get caught till you are further along and then it is very very hard to fix.  This was easy and would of been a glaring mistake if i had not fixed it.
 This shows how I sewed the pieces together to make the long strips.  It is coming along very well.
 We spent the weekend at the cabin and it was very warm...in the high 80 to 90's.  Lots of humidity but lucky for us there was lots of wind to cool it off .  We had a great time kayaking on Sunday with the Smiths and Purvis gang and did about 3 hours from upriver down to our place.  There were a few spills into the water which felt great since it was so hot and the water is still cold.  I will not name names but one spectacular fall was by someone who is tall and lives in Africa and in the south of this country...must be that is why he was off balance!!  Mike had a great nap on Saturday along with the dogs.  We are dog sitting for our grand dog Jackson.  He is resting up for the Hex Hatch which is coming up in the next few weeks.  I hope I can include some big fish pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment