Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shower for Baby Gnome Nolan

So what kind of a picture is this you may ask?? Heather is modeling the Hooter Hider that I made for her...I had never heard of this but you have to love the Internet...found a pattern and a you tube video to instruct me! She is now all set to breast feed the little Nolan anyplace. She is trying it out with a stuffed monkey...lots of laughs from the audience
Welcome Baby Nolan sums it up for the shower that was held yesterday at Deb and Duane's lovely home. The weather was unbelievably warm and humid even for Michigan. But we all managed to tolerated it...drink beer from the kegerator, lots of water, ice tea and lemonade. then there was the food...wonderful. The organization committee lead by Heathers sister Shannon did a great job and we had lots of delicious choices. I made my bruchetta and they were popular ... "those little pizzas are great" .
The kiddie pool allowed some cooling down for the soon to be mom. Doesn't she look beautiful!!
We had lots of sun and heat and a little shower,from the skies, later in the afternoon. It was fun to see them open the gifts and I tell you this little Nolan is ready for anything!! Patrick gave a heart felt thank you to every one and I know he sends it out to everyone who could not attend. Friends and family are so important at this time in their lives.
The morning work was set up and cutting up the pig that Duanne roasted all night in the pig roaster that he and friends built...you can see part of it to the right of the picture.

Mike is due to return tomorrow from the trade show in Orlando. A very busy time for him.
I have been doing some kayaking on lake Boardman, right in the middle of town, and catching up on a few things here in TC. We have been at the cabin so much that I have let a few things go here at home. The weather has improved today with temps in the 70's which is fantastic.
Love to everyone from the beautiful Northern Michigan...I love living here!
Kathy and Michael

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. Sorry I was unable to attend but we had a nice birthday celebration with my brother and sister. Will drop off my gift some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As these breastfeeding covers are now known as hooter hider nursing cover as these hooter hiders are actually changing into actual blanket to supply privacy in an open public place for medical moms.

      Delete