Thursday, July 5, 2012

Kayaking up and Floating down...a day on the river

The weather is hot hot hot and humid...I know those of you who live in the southern parts of this country have lots more to complain about than the Michigan Nolan's do...but we are not used to 95 with 90% humidity. There fore I have been Kayaking, swimming and generally trying to keep cool. We have a new dock to launch our kayaks with steps that go down to the water...thanks to Geoff Smith for his design and hard work! It is a breeze to get into the water now and my Otter and I have taken advantage of it.
So I kayak upstream for about 45 minutes and then float down river with my feet dangling in the cool water and sipping ice tea from my water bottle...does it get any better? I kayaked today with our neighbor Barb Smith and the picture above is as we floated toward her cabin.
Lots of flowers on the river this time of year. These are Forget Me Nots which grow all over the banks. The water is getting lower than a few weeks ago and it is fun to see the changes over the days and weeks. This is the longest period of time I have been consistently kayaking so many days in a row. I have a stretch of days off and will be out here for the next week. Michael is leaving for Montana with two friends to fish on the Green River in Utah and at Twin Bridges in Montana. He will not be back till the 16th. So I have planned some girlfriend days and will try and finish up on some sewing projects.
This is where the kayak downstream ends up...the cabin from the water..just love it. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We relaxed and had dinner on our deck with friends.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I agree the weather has been hot, especially here in town. Inside with the AC has been my place of rest. We in Michigan aren't good with this kind of weather in early July. Enjoy the water. I look forward to being one of the 'girls' that visits next week,
    Della

    ReplyDelete